Setup integrated LDAP authentication
Cyn.in 3.x has in-built support for authenticating against most LDAP servers. This adds several advantages to the Cyn.in setup:
- Single Sign On: Your users don't have to remember and manage separate user accounts on all the systems
- Express User and Groups setup: All users are automatically imported and synchronized, you don't have to create a single user on your Cyn.in once you setup your integration. You can map groups as well as users to the LDAP directory and then assign security roles to the groups at the Space level.
- Schema mapping: Cyn.in even supports LDAP schema attribute mapping - so you can setup mapping for your user's profile fields, as appropriate.
- Read-Only integration: It is possible to setup read-only integration so there's no chance that anything or anyone will be able to modify your central directory's user information.
How-To Setup for different Directory Services
- Microsoft Active Directory Services Integration
- OpenLDAP Integration
- Apache Directory Server Integration
- Novell eDirectory Integration
- Oracle Internet Directory Integration
Apple Open Directory Integration
Documentation of how to set up Cyn.in integrated authentication with various LDAP servers.