Cyn.in enables a consistent flow of knowledge across design stages, resulting in improvement in efficiency, reduction in costs and providing better service to customers.
Collaboration and content management requirements of an Architectural Firm
Collaboration on global projects
Construction of oil rigs, bridges, subways, dams are complex global projects with sub-contractors located in every part of the world. To maintain a high quality, on-budget construction project an extranet of sub-contractors must be established to ensure timely progress & asynchronous project collaboration.
Diverse conditions, availability of materials & equipment and requirement often cause design changes. Tracking and managing change is of critical importance with millions of dollars at stake.
Drawings, training and equipment manuals & all information compiled during previous phases of construction have to be communicated to the facilities management team. Efficient operating & managing change in the facility process is required.
Document management for Compliance
Compliance standards cover field situations, safety equipment, training on-site personnel on site safety issues. A solution that delivers rich media training & captures records are of significant importance.
Problems and challenges faced by Architectural Firms
Collaboration across distinct teams
Engineering firms are building teams based on their expertise from across the globe. Mega projects require complex collaboration among different groups and companies who often work on incompatible IT infrastructures.
Architectural, Engineering and Construction companies are challenged to find ways to reduce risk, control costs and optimize project schedules. Design, construction, operation and maintenance processes have to be efficient while managing change.
Seamless transfer of data to next team
The AEC Industry works in a linear mode with various phases in a project. Storing, accessing and mining data from previous phases when all the players have moved to new projects is a challenge.
Flexibility to respond quickly to changes
With frequent changes to designs and plans, the entire costing of the project depends upon on the flexibility of the system and its teams to quickly be intimated about the changes and their subsequent response.
How Cyn.in helps the Architectural, Engineering and Construction industry
Build a faster learning organization
- A secure, easy-to-use, feature-rich central repository accessible from anywhere
- Speed up decision-making and timely project completion by making all information accessible to members
- A central system for project records, training, safety and health procedures, Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to be compliance ready
Improve information continuity and availability
- Collaborate and facilitate intra-group communication
- All key activities are monitored and ensure full audit-ability on all project communications
- Increased transparency of communication promotes teamwork & helps to avoid disputes
- Achieve individualized accountability through workflow management, document review & approval processes
- Direct document viewing, editing & versioning using push & pull technologies for automatic and personalized notifications
Unify data across project lifecycles
- Track and manage availability of materials and equipment in a seamless manner
- Organize health and safety regulations, documents, manuals, and other relevant information
- Manage constantly changing processes like facilities management and avail from the most recent process
- Handle diverse groups of designers, engineers, general and specialty contractors, suppliers and manufacturers effortlessly on Cyn.in
Publish project information for inter-company consumption
- Increase transparency of all projects by publishing information
- Publish crucial projects plans like final design and budgeting to special permitted users
- Maintain raw material requirements & coordinate procurement with external contractors and suppliers as well as in-house purchase teams
- Make project drawings, guidelines, logistics & raw material information available to all team members
Why should AEC Firms use Cyn.in ?
Reduce risks and increase accountability
Incorrect and out-of-date information leads to unnecessary construction project costs of 2%-5%. Cyn.in makes information accessible by all project participants and increases transparency of all project interactions.
No complex IT infrastructures
The global fragmented nature of AEC companies, require architects, engineers, suppliers and manufacturers to coordinate their efforts across different locations. Instead of using disparate technologies that are incompatible, Cyn.in provides a uniform collaboration platform without the need of setting up expensive infrastructure.
Get your information out of silos at reduced costs
Companies operate using diverse and incompatible systems. Cyn.in provides a scalable environment that facilitates acquisition of information, discussion and re-distribution of the modified information. No special software installations required.
Simple and intuitive user interface
Cyn.in has been designed to enable a large section of users from various non-IT sectors to make productive use of the technology. Cyn.in applies the UGM (Usable by Grand Mothers) principle that makes it usable by designers, suppliers & supervisors with basic computing knowledge.