Cyn.in embodies a comprehensive, holistic, top-down approach to data/information collection, management and eventual transformation into knowledge.
Collaboration Requirements of an R&D team
Adding value to unstructured content
R&D processes are extremely variable and content is highly diverse, ranging from very large unstructured datasets to masses of dissimilar documents. Scientists need a collaborative environment that provides them with knowledge based on actionable information.
Collaboration across multiple teams
The innovative ideas often arise from encounters between staff with diverse backgrounds. Organizations need an efficient collaborative system that would enable cooperative work from teams across the world.
Appropriate project selection
Balancing and selecting among R&D opportunities is a management imperative that depends on access to comprehensive information at every stage of every project and the application of clear decision-making criteria.
Information availability and knowledge transfer
In long R&D cycles, many people participate in a project at different stages, few people are involved throughout the entire lifecycle. Knowledge transfer is therefore critical. The integrity of any research project can be compromised when researchers do not have access to all information relevant to their investigation.
Managing patents and IP issues
Securing Patents and Intellectual Property is a very demanding process in most countries, especially the US. Accurate and legally defensible records of the exact date of invention are required. Tracking electronic and physical records can be challenging.
Harness huge amounts of information
Research requires assessment & internalization of external information in the context of internal ideas and discoveries. The appropriate data is stored and tagged for easy retrieval. The challenge is to maintain formal collections of research reports and documentation for 20, 40 years or more.
Keep departments in sync
The Research departments have to be in touch with other departments Sales, Marketing and Product management groups. Geographically dispersed staff and frequent traveling makes dialogue irregular. Companies have to achieve collaboration without sacrificing development efficiency.
Drive growth through Innovation
Small innovations drive short-term growth while sustained innovations result in long-term growth. Finite resources and uncertainty of an innovation dictate that selecting the right innovation is critical to the success of that company.
How Cyn.in helps the Research and development department solve its problems
Build a secure intellectual property repository
- Securely store diverse research information; search, re-use and maintain for proprietary advantage
- Enable successful decisions on project directions with access to comprehensive & timely knowledge
- Collaborative applications in Cyn.in make the content & collaborative processes amenable to IP capture
- Redirect knowledge repository of internal ideas & discoveries to develop superior products & services
Collaborate Seamless exchange of information
- Bring scientists & engineers under a unified platform to facilitate collaboration & support efficient research and knowledge exchange
- Meet immediate process needs while supporting long term regulatory audit & tracking requirements & defense against patent or legal challenges
- Connect disparate groups and reduce time from concept to final product
- Easy for researchers to work together online, provide task lists, threaded discussions & access to a wider range of information
Manage transformation of information into knowledge
- Track electronic & physical patent records and the association between them effectively with cyn.in's versioning
- Retrieve archived or dated information by using the in-built full-text search features
- Integrate experience with research to build a library as a basis for innovation & patent claims
- Organize legacy research with collections of research reports & documentations for infinite years
Publish existing knowledgebase for employee re-usage
- Co-ordinate subscriptions and the purchase of published content to facilitate circulation
- Organize distributions, so expensive research materials can be shared, optimizing the ROI
- Publish new innovations and research for collaboration with clients and partners
- Effectively manage user-rights of sharing and publishing content
Why should the R&D department use Cyn.in?
Zero Maintenance headaches
Cyn.in, appliance or a hosted solution, helps you say goodbye to all hardware and software problems. Researchers need not worry about their computer configurations but can concentrate on their core areas and easily access all relevant information via a browser.
Stringent User Management & fanatic security
Cyn.in has sharply defined user rights that empower the administrator to clearly demarcate rights to the users in the system.
Easy and Intuitive Interface
Researchers and scientists are not very pliable to be convinced about using new systems and procedures. Cyn.in applies the UGM principle of design (Usable by Grandmothers) allowing people with basic computing knowledge to use and work with Cyn.in efficiently.
Cyn.in is available as an on-premise appliance and an on-Demand service. You can get started with adding your users and learning how to use the management, editing and sharing features within minutes.