Group collaboration facilitates working on a content and files within a group. Group collaboration enables increased active participation in your group's activities and will quickly demonstrate increased productivity and in your group or organization.
The need for Group Collaboration:
Some of the most common reasons that make having a group collaboration solution imperative:
- Teams are globally dispersed and sometimes of disparate cultures
- Ensuring integrity of created content and files
- Maintaining current versions across groups
- Email overload and information isolation in emails
Cyn.in for Group Collaboration:
cyn.in is an open source collaborative knowledge management appliance delivered to entperises and small businesses in an On-Premise and SaaS model. cyn.in enables teams, companies or communities to create, manage, organize, store, version, search through, collaborate and share any kind of information. cyn.in's group collaboration features are designed to facilitate easy and quick participation by any size of audience. Complete tracking, auditing and version control in cyn.in eliminate any risks of information loss.
Complete WYSIWYG editing
With cyn.in you use a full-featured web based word processor to edit your content. You don't need to worry about how underlying HTML markup will be created, cyn.in's rich featured editor enables you to do everything from simple textual formatting (bold, underline, italics etc.) to complex wizard based HTML Table creation, to inline image placing and positioning.
Ad-Hoc Collaboration Workflows
cyn.in let's all users of a space to collaborate in an ad-hoc manner. All content private to team will be visible only to members of that space. Only published content will be visible to all members.
4-step reviewal workflow
Review based collaboration can be applied to spaces that need to get approval before content is made available to all the members. Reviewers get notified of the items they have to review via email and even when they login to cyn.in. Workflows can be further customized to suit the business requirements.
A critical part of group collaboration is knowing when a collaborated document is updated. cyn.in's per-user customizable notifications enable users to receive exactly the notifications they need via email.
Automatic Revision Control
Every time a content piece or file is updated a new revision is created, the old version is retained as well. All changes can be previewed and restored as and when required.
Collaborators can easily discuss and review activity using cyn.in's commenting features. Threaded comments allow users to have permanent searchable conversations.
Members of a space can be assigned roles to view, edit or review contents in the space. The owner of the space can assign these roles and choose to add more users to the space.
Your group's collaboration can be easily used as a multi-author publishing tool. Easily create an internal blog, wiki or use cyn.in as a content authoring system for your public sites.
Benefits of Cyn.in for Group Collaboration:
- Allow teams to dynamically create and manage activity based groups
- Facilitate and manage organisational innovation
- Persist group activity and discussions over time
- Leverage the expertise of people across the organization
- Benefit from 'network effects' as the number of productive connections between employees in the organization increases and the quality of information shared increases
- Manage the proliferation of data and information in complex business environments and allow users to rapidly access useful and relevant resources and best practice guidelines
- Facilitate organizational learning
- Manage and increase intellectual capital and intellectual assets in the workforce (such as the expertise and know-how possessed by key individuals) as individuals retire and new workers are hired