Knowledge management (KM) refers to a range of practices used by organizations to identify, create, represent, and distribute knowledge for reuse and learning across the organization, to improve performance, gain competitive advantage, and grow innovation.
The need for Knowledge Management:
Some of the most common reasons that makes having a knowledge management solution imperative:
- Volumes of unorganized unsearchable knowledge.
- Knowledge transfer is time consuming.
- Email overload due to knowledge transfer by email.
- Secure sharing of sensitive knowledge among limited people
- Loss of knowledge when people leave or hardware devices fail.
- Ongoing security and backup of knowledge.
Cyn.in for Knowledge Management:
Cyn.in is an open source collaborative knowledge management appliance delivered to entperprises and small businesses in an On-Premise and SaaS model. Cyn.in enables creation and sharing of tacit knowledge in the following ways:
Effective collaboration with Discussions
Discussion boards enable users to quick start a '1 to many' conversation and get quicker feedback and participation. Contextual discussions can also be initiated for any type of content created. Concerned people are notified about a change or new content created.
Live Full-Text Search
Cyn.in's live search shows results as you type. Files, documents, PDfs etc. are immediately indexed along with content inside them. The advanced search allows selective search inside spaces or applications using various facets.
Create content within spaces
Cyn.in allows you to create organized workspaces to collaborate with collegaues using the various applications like wiki, file repositories, audio & video libraries, discussion boards, event calendars, blogs and image galleries. Permissions can be selectively allocated to view, edit and review the content.
Workflow based content management
Workflows can be applied to spaces and applications so content is routed to the appropriate person for approval. Workflows can be customized to suit your business processes.
Complete version history of any content created is maintained. The version history management interface lets you compare versions, preview previous version or switch to older versions.
Benefits of Cyn.in for Knowledge Management:
- Facilitate and manage organizational innovation
- Leverage the expertise of people across the organization
- Benefit from 'network effects' as the number of productive connections between employees in the organization increases and the quality of information shared increases
- Manage the proliferation of data and information in complex business environments and enable users to rapidly access useful &relevant knowledge resources
- Facilitate organizational learning
- Manage tacit knowledge and intellectual assets such as the expertise and know-how possessed by key individuals for re-use